lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

People were created to be loved, things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.

Every scar tells a story. A story that says 'I survived'

Want to go back in time when..
"Getting High" meant "On Swing"
"Drinking" meant "Apple Juice"
"Dad" was the only "Hero"
"Love" was "Moms hug"
"Highest place on earth" was "Dads Shoulder"
my "Worst enemies" were "My own siblings"
Only thing that could get "Hurt" were "Skinned knees"
The only thing "Broken" were my "Toys"
and when "Goodbyes" meant till "Tomorrow.
When I was little I thought that everything could be possible. That I was a princess, that fairies and mermaids existed. That someday I would fly and have super powers, that the wishes I made to stars come true. I thought Santa always ate the cookies I left on Christmas night. Someday I could live in a big castle. At night the toys came to life. The cartoons and characters of TV shows were little humans living inside the television. That problems could be solved with a magic wand, that having a candy was the best thing in the world.  I was thinking 9 quetzales (1 dolar) would make me rich.. The children with whom I played in the playground would be my friends forever. The stork brought the babies. That a kiss meant true love. That if I stayed with my parents nothing wrong was going to happen to me. That I would meet a prince charming and marry him. That happy endings existed and “happily ever after" was a true thing.

Now that I have 17 years I can say that none of those things exist in real life, I haven’t experienced everything, but growing up help us open our eyes and realize that things were not like everyone thought when kinds. That life is not that easy and not everything is usually so nice. The sweet prince charming, beautiful Cinderella and perfect endings disappear little by little because you realize you are not living in a fairy tale and not everything that comes to life and happens to us is like a fantasy story. Unfortunately the problems are not solved with magic wands, wishes to stars do not come true and people wouldn’t stay by your side FOREVER. Love is given to love, but nowadays it’s usually used to play..

I met this guy and for the first time I thought it could be the right one and I was sure that together we could make it. At first, it was a simple friendship but then it became something real. We got to know us within time and everything was fine until our friendship became more than that. He was friend of my friends and I became a good friend of his friends too. I started to fall in love.. He was the typical player who just wanted to have more girls. I thought that with me, he was going to be different. He promised he would change because he “really wanted to be with me”. After all, he was just a guy who pretended to mind about other people's feelings.
All he said to me, he told it to other girls too. I thought he was different and the things he said to me were true.

His name is Stephan, Stephan initially looked like he was a real gentleman, we went for coffees, and sometimes to the movies and everything seemed normal. He called me at night and left messages in the morning wishing me a good day. Everything was going well until Stephan's friends invited me to a party and I attended.


There he was, with a blue sweater and his perfect blue eyes. He approached to me and said hi. I spent some time with him and then I went with my friends. A friend called me and said I had to know some important things he knew about. He really sound like he had something shocking to tell me. Stephan was just playing with me and also with a few girls more. He didn't have those 'real' feelings I thought he had once for me.

One of these girls showed up and showed me the text messages she received from him. I got to the point when I thought he had copy and pasted the nice texts he had sent me and sent them to all the other girls. They were completely the same just with different names. And not only that, but he also called her at nights too. Coincidentially after we said bye, after hanging up.

We talked about it a while and saw Stephan leaving the party with another girl. We saw him gaving her a kiss.

Later, Stephen saw that I was still in the party and hugged me from the back and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He told me that he loved me, wanted to be with me, and wanted to make me happy. I take his hands off and left.
That day he called me 9 times and left messages every day asking what happened? saying “he loves me and he didn’t want to miss a thing”. As I said there is no perfect things in real life, if wrong things happened, it’s for learning about it and keep walking. For making us stronger day by day, and not doing the same mistake again.
Don’t worry about people in your past, there is a reason they didn’t make it to your future.

2 comentarios:

  1. Gabriela, I stumbled across your blog today while searching for a quote online. I read this post and though I am a stranger, I wanted to reach out to you and let you know that it gets better. While it's true that growing up opens your eyes to a lot of injustices, it also shows you the beauty of strength, and the value of true love - the love between you and your family, the love of friends, and eventually, the love of someone who will meet all the criteria you outlined in the little box above (who calls you beautiful instead of hot...) Two years ago, I married my soulmate. You know the saying, "you've gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince," well, it's true. Some day you will find someone who complements you perfectly. Until then, be proud of who you are and of all that you accomplish in life. Be true to yourself and take care of your beautiful soul; the rest will work out.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your beautiful words, it means a lot for me :) And yes you're right, things happen to make us stronger and better every single day. Take care, hope you're doing great

      Eliminar